Prior to installation, make certain that the subfloor is sound and meets all local building codes. Wood should be allowed to acclimate at the job site for a minimum of 24-48 hours prior to installation. Subfloor surface should be cleaned of all oil, dirt and debris. Sanding may be necessary to correct any uneven joints.
- Slide joints and ends offset at least 6″ from existing subfloor seams.
- Lightly stagger end seams.
- Offset underlayment end seams by 18″.
- Use full sheets when possible.
- Butt factory edge to factory edge.
CUTTING AND FITTING
- Use a jigsaw or circular saw for best results.
- Score before cutting to minimize splintering.
- Use a power saw on the underside for a clean cut on the face.
- Score or drill from the face.
- Allow 1/8″ minimum to 1/4″ maximum expansion.
- Undercut stationary vertical surfaces that require an even fit.
- Butt seams lightly in the field.
- Align 3 full sheets before fastening for a square layout.
- Using the three panels in a stair-step configuration allows quick positioning for remaining sheets.
SECURING AND FASTENING PANELS
- Nails should be crowned galvanized, ring shanked, 1-1/4″ long.
- Fastener should be no longer than thickness of sub floor and IntegraPly™ or IntegraBasic™ combined.
- Do not fasten to the underside of the subfloor.
- Nail heads no larger than 1/4″ in diameter,
- Drive nail head flush with the IntegraPly™ or IntegraBasic™ surface.
- Staple’s crown should not exceed 1/4″.
- Fasten IntegraPly™ or IntegraBasic™ every 2″ at the seams; 4″ in the field. Nail/staple on “X” marks for correct placement to ensure stability.
- Nail or staple no closer than 1/2″ from the edge of the panel.
- Fasten two edges, then work diagonally to the opposite unfastened corners.
- Secure the remaining two edges.
PATCHING AND LEVELING
- Sand joints before patching for flush seams.
- Use a belt sander at a 45 degree angle to the seam.
- Use a polymer modified cement based patch.
- Allow patch to dry, then sand.
FLOOR COVERING INSTALLATION
- Install floor covering according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.